Conservative-run Hampshire County Council is supporting key services and investing in our area, as detailed below:
- Investing in Eastleigh – the Botley bypass and underpass, new Deer Park secondary school, school improvements at Fair Oak Infants & Juniors and Wyvern Secondary, new assisted living facilities for young people at John Darling Mall, accessibility improvements in High Street, West End.
- No plans to cut much needed school crossing patrols.
- No planned cuts to libraries. HCC is investing in libraries and expanding what they offer.
- No plans to charge bus pass holders for bus journeys.
- No plans to close Household Waste Recycling Centres.
- HCC does not hold free reserves of over £0.5 billion. Most reserves are held on behalf of schools, other bodies or are waiting to be spent on upcoming projects.
- One of the lowest county council tax rates in the country.
- Great local schools.